Blast to the Past with Shakers State-of-the-Art Calgary Arcade
If you were grew up in the 70’s and 80’s in Calgary, you probably know what the inside of an arcade used to look like. With dozens of redemption-machine style games appealing to a variety of skills, like shooting, fighting, and rhythm, arcade culture was all about escapism created by the bright lights, colourful machines, and sounds of kids and young adults coming together in a shared space to enjoy themselves.
However, with the onset of home consoles like Nintendo and Sega Genesis, the Calgary arcade game rooms all but dried up and sadly, have never been experienced by an entire generation of kids.
Which is why here at Shakers, we’re so excited to announce we’ve added nine new state-of-the-art arcade games to our arcade area.
- Monster Drop Xtreme – Time the drop of the high energy ball so it falls through the jackpot, the mystery value, or ticket win values.
- Down the Clown – Toss balls at the different sized clowns for points, hitting certain clowns adds bonus points as the players attempt to the hit the interactive big bonus!
- Whack N Win – Whack your way into the bonus win zone by using your skill to hammer the sensor pad and attempt to win the bonus!
- Fish Bowl Frenzy – Carefully time the release of a ball which bounces through a field of pins into one of the actual fishbowls below.
- Crazy Curves – Release and time the stoppage of the ball so it falls through the highest point or bonus slots.
- Piano Keys – Hit the oversized novelty key that matches the coloured square on the monitor to play a variety of well-known tunes!
- Pirates Hook – Cast your line and reel in as many fish as you can in the time allotted and remember, the bigger the fish, the harder to reel!
- Typhoon – Experience motion theatre including 2G forces of acceleration and realistic wind features!
- Duck Crane – Classic drop claw game of skill to pick up rubber ducks where everyone’s a winner.